Thursday, October 24, 2013

recipes in pictures: fusing food


my all-time favorite kind of ethnic cuisine would probably be indian food. it's rich...it's spicy...it's so flavorful and the use of spices are amazing! but even though i love the stuff...i can't seem to make a decent curry. it's always a little off or it doesn't turn out quite how i wanted it to. i decided to try my hand at malai kofta using parts of this, this, and this recipe and also tried my hand at making some naan.


let me tell you...it's still a bit of a struggle for me. the naans came out like pancakes (too thick on the width) and the malai kofta were off a little bit (needed more gravy and some kind of seasoning i can't taste). however, i was happy that i got to experiment with using felafels as the dumplings instead of making my own (thank you, vine ripe market, for your excellent felafel bin!). next time, i'll see if i can do a chicken tikka masala. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment