Sunday, February 22, 2015

a frustrating failure.



I hate failing.....I hate failing so, so, SO bad. Especially if it's something so stupid as burning something in the oven. I've been cooking for a long time now and I haven't burned anything since I was eighteen or so. I was kind of devastated.

Everything was going soooo good...especially when this was an experimental recipe. I've never made cinnamon rolls before and I wanted them to be super soft. So I decided to try my hand at tangzhong or water roux method of making bread. And since I wanted a "no fail" recipe, I decided to try and combine it with this recipe.

But then when I burned the rolls, I refused to give up on them. I continued as planned and made the icing for them (a modified version of a toffee sauce I made before), topped them, and then did a taste test. They weren't too badly burned. Super crunchy and opposite of the soft rolls that I was aiming for....except for the middle part where it was still kind of soft. Man....I really hate failing....

No comments:

Post a Comment